VELscope Vx: The Two-Minute Exam That Could Save Your Life
How many little sores do we find in our mouths? Dozens? Hundreds? More? Most of the time we ignore them, and they simply go away.
But sometimes our mouths keep secrets. That’s why we use the VELscope Vx Enhanced Oral Assessment system.
VELscope Vx – for a Clean Bill of Health
- Helps dental professionals find oral mucosal abnormalities, including oral cancer
- Over 10,000,000 examinations performed
- Recognized by the World Health Organization
- The most powerful tool available for assisting in the discovery of oral abnormalities
The VELscope Vx exam quick, painless, effective.
Oral Cancer and Oral Disease
The VELscope Vx helps us identify oral disease early, while it’s still easy to treat. One of the VELscope’s most important tasks is to help locate areas tI-lat might, if not treated, progress to oral cancer.
- Found early, oral cancer’s 5-year survival rate is good approx. 83%.
- Found late, oral cancer’s 5-year survival rate is poor: approx. 32%.
- Clearly, finding oral cancer in its early stages is key to survival.
The VELscope Vx offers hope for the early discovery of oral disease. including precancer and cancer.
Tobacco and chewing Tobacco, along with alcohol, are the leading causes of oral cancer. Over the last four decades. TheHuman Papilloma Virus (HPV), known for its role in cervical cancer, has been showing up in increasing numbers of oral cancer cases.
Why Use the VELscope Vx?
- The VELscope’s blue light stimulates natural fluorescence in the soft tissues of your mouth
- Natural fluorescence, seen 1hrough the VELscope Vx, allows dental professionals to see disease not visible with the naked eye
- The VELscope Vx helps us discover oral disease BEFORE it can be seen under ordinary light
Schedule an appointment with us to learn more. Call 847-573-1904 for our Libertyville IL practice or call 847-724-2444 for our Glenview, IL practice.
Ala Dean Attar, DMD
712 Florsheim Drive, Suite #12,
Libertyville, IL 60048
1500 Waukegan Road, Suite 280,
Glenview, IL 60025
Lake Forest Dentist - Vernon Hills Dentist - Gurnee Dentist - Great Lakes Dentist - Mundelein Dental - Grayslake Dental
or fill out the online form to