In order to maintain excellent dental health, your entire digestive system should be working in tip top shape. Your internal flora are the front line of your immune system and your health (and your breath) can be affected in surprising ways by the health of your internal bacteria. This does not mean that you should have only “good” bacteria in your digestive system. Your gut flora should have a good balance of “bad” (destructive) and “good” (constructive) bacteria to maintain optimal functioning. An imbalance in your gut can be expressed in your breath. For example, diabetes can lead to a sweet, fruity odor in one’s breath. In addition to an imbalance in your gut, an imbalance in bacteria in your mouth can lead to health concerns: not only bad breath, but also diseases like thrush. You should maintain your digestive health to prevent embarrassing diseases and odors.
Call Us Today
- How can cosmetic dentistry improve your smile? June 15, 2020
- The Real Cost of Delaying Dental Care March 16, 2020
- Vaping and Oral Health February 15, 2020
- Tips to Help with Oral Care During Flu and Cold Season January 15, 2020
- When is a Tooth Extraction Necessary? December 15, 2019