In order to maintain excellent dental health, your entire digestive system should be working in tip top shape. Your internal flora are the front line of your immune system and your health (and your breath) can be affected in surprising ways by the health of your internal bacteria. This does not mean that you should have only “good” bacteria in your digestive system. Your gut flora should have a good balance of “bad” (destructive) and “good” (constructive) bacteria to maintain optimal functioning. An imbalance in your gut can be expressed in your breath. For example, diabetes can lead to a sweet, fruity odor in one’s breath. In addition to an imbalance in your gut, an imbalance in bacteria in your mouth can lead to health concerns: not only bad breath, but also diseases like thrush. You should maintain your digestive health to prevent embarrassing diseases and odors.
Call Us Today
- Complete vs. Partial Dentures: Which Is Right for You? October 30, 2022
- 7 Halloween Tips for Healthy Teeth September 30, 2022
- The Top 10 Worst Foods for Your Teeth August 30, 2022
- 6 Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures to Enhance Your Smile in Libertyville and Glenview, IL July 29, 2022
- Should I choose teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, or a combination of both? May 30, 2022