In order to maintain excellent dental health, your entire digestive system should be working in tip top shape. Your internal flora are the front line of your immune system and your health (and your breath) can be affected in surprising ways by the health of your internal bacteria. This does not mean that you should have only “good” bacteria in your digestive system. Your gut flora should have a good balance of “bad” (destructive) and “good” (constructive) bacteria to maintain optimal functioning. An imbalance in your gut can be expressed in your breath. For example, diabetes can lead to a sweet, fruity odor in one’s breath. In addition to an imbalance in your gut, an imbalance in bacteria in your mouth can lead to health concerns: not only bad breath, but also diseases like thrush. You should maintain your digestive health to prevent embarrassing diseases and odors.
Call Us Today
- Dental Sealants: The Advantages for Adults August 30, 2023
- The Ultimate Guide: Unveiling the Top Reasons to Extract Wisdom Teeth July 30, 2023
- Exploring the Pros and Cons of Dental Onlays Over Traditional Fillings June 30, 2023
- Canker Sores: Causes, Treatment, and Prevention Strategies May 31, 2023
- How Neglecting Dental Care Can Impact Your Overall Health April 30, 2023