Our teeth are susceptible to damage as we age. Seniors have to deal with unique issues, including dentures, medications that affect oral health and other general matters. Regular checkups with our dentist and physician can ensure we know what to do to tackle challenges in this arena.
- Decay and cavities on root surfaces are common among older adults. It’s important to brush with fluoride toothpaste, to floss daily and to see the dentist regularly.
- Let your dentist know if you have heart disease, diabetes or cancer, as they impact oral health.
- Gums can naturally recede, exposing areas not protected by enamel. This can create sensitivity to hot or cold foods and beverages. If you experience sensitivity, use an anti-sensitivity toothpaste. If the issue continues, it could be indicative of other conditions.
- Dry mouth can result from medications or certain disorders. Untreated, it can damage teeth.
- Dentures require unique care. Follow instructions diligently and get annual checkups.
If you are looking for a new Libertyville dentist, give us a call today at