Laser technology has become commonplace in our world. Lasers are used in many arenas from light shows to high-powered weapons. In the medical field, laser eye surgery has become a common procedure to improve eyesight. Recent advancements in dental technology have given us EzLase laser dentistry. This literally transforms many traditional procedures into more pleasant, faster, and pain-free dental experiences.
How Does the EzLase Laser Work?
The EzLAse laser system was developed by BIOLASE Technology. The system used a diode laser to perform various procedures that require minor oral surgery and gum treatments. The EzLAse system emits a beam of concentrated light from a small, pen-sized handheld piece. This concentrated light interacts with precise areas and applies a low-dose, safe laser. It can help reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
When surgery is required, the Ezlase replaces the traditional scalpel and stitches. This means that as a patient, you are more comfortable, experience less bleeding, and heal faster than when traditional surgical means are performed.
What types of treatment can the EzLase laser be used for?
Lasers are not that new to dentistry. In fact, they’ve been used in dental offices since 1994. The EzLase is more accurate and precise than drills and other handheld dental instruments. The light from the laser emits energy that interacts with tissue in the mouth such as gum tissue, enamel, or dentin. They have many uses from removing decay, reshaping gums, or removing bacteria. Here are a few ways lasers can be beneficial:
- Improve “gummy” smiles: The EzLAse laser system can be used to contour or shape gums by removing excess gum tissue. This can improve your smile and help your teeth look more natural in shape and size.
- Remove oral growths: Sometimes a traumatic bite injury can cause a papilloma (small tag), or a growth called a fibroma. Lasers can quickly and easily remove these.
- Treat gum disease: Gum recession and bleeding gums are signs of gum disease and gingivitis. These are caused by inflamed gums and the presence of bacteria. The EzLase laser system painlessly removes infected tissue and inflammatory debris from the gums.
- Relieve fever blisters and cold sores: Laser treatment can provide immediate relief from the pain and discomfort of cold sores and fever blisters. Just one application speeds healing and provide relief. You will be provided with protective eyewear for this treatment.
Why use EzLAse laser systems?
Biolase Technology is a reputable dental laser company that has more than 20 years of experience with laser technology. Millions of patients have successfully and safely received treatment. The EzLAse laser system is an advanced, effective, and safe dental instrument used in Libertyville cosmetic dental offices today. Advanced laser treatment replaces traditional methods with more comfortable experiences and stellar results. Some of the benefits include:
- Less bleeding
- Faster healing times
- Much greater comfort
- Better overall results
What can lasers not do?
The EzLAse laser system improves treatment procedures and replaces traditional dental instruments for many procedures. They provide more precise, effective, and therapeutic options. However, there are a few instances where dental lasers cannot be used including:
- They cannot be used on teeth that already have fillings.
- There are a few laser procedures that may still require anesthesia.
- The laser system cannot be used for filling cavities between teeth, work around old fillings, or prepare large cavities for crown placement.
Contact Attar Smiles in Libertyville
If you would like to learn more about the benefits of the EzLase Laser system, contact our offices. Dr. Attar can discuss its use and determine if you are a good candidate for laser treatment options. Call us today to schedule your appointment.